Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Roll on Highway

While on my way to Nashville, I stopped in my hometown of Dalton, GA to visit with the parents for a bit.
        I had a couch of my Grandmother's recovered with some fabric I found at Forsyth Fabrics and my Mom had just picked up so I wanted to see how it turned out. Take a look...

Thanks Memaw!
 On the Road again...

Nickajack Lake

 Speaking of Memaw, my Grandmother and Dad are from North Alabama ( Tuscumbia/Florence area), which is on the way to Nashville, and while en route I snapped a few shots of the beautiful landscape.


I found a little surprise when I finally arrived at our friend's in Nashville. My little Liza Jane.


First things first...We had to go back to our favorite Nashville watering hole, The Patterson House.

The inconspicuously charming bar is located in an old house with a sexy and mysterious atmosphere. The menu has the most extensive list of speakeasy inspired cocktails, not to mention a yummy assortment of bar snacks. We had the beignets:)

I can't remember what I ordered, but it was delicious and beautiful.


Matt's Bacon Old Fashioned

Cheers!

We were later inspired to concoct a similar drink.
Step 1...
Step 2...

Step 3...

Perfection!


Rise and Shine...after the coffee it was time to stock up on some items for dinner before we head to Beerfest!
Absolutely precious
I think this is where the eggs come from...


Beerfest was everything I had hoped it would be. After many taste tests, my favorite beer was...
Yazoo Brewing Company's Hefeweizen. I bought a shirt I liked it so much.
Abita, always a favorite.
What a great weekend!

1 comment: