Thursday, August 11, 2011

NOLA on my mind

 Due to my current location and not having the schedule of a college student, we have not been able to make as many trips as we used to down to New Orleans for football games, Mardi Gras and the monthly excuse to indulge in some great food. If I had one day and the stomach of an T-Rex then I would devour the below.

Breakfast:
If I ever made it on the show, "Best Thing I Ever Ate", I would without a doubt choose the eggs benedict from Stanley in Jackson Square. Simple enough, but this little guy has something extra, BOUDIN SAUSAGE, a delicious blend of rice, pork, and spices!

this pic was followed by beignets, more mimosas and a Saturday smackdown from LSU :( roll tide?

Afternoon Cocktail Time:
Head across the street to Muriel's for some rooftop drinks, privacy and great views.


Lunch:
Lunch time I would hit up Ignatius Eatery & Grocery in Uptown for the shrimp & grits sampler and an spicy bowl of red beans and rice.

no alcohol so buy an old fashioned bottle of coca cola, but wait... you can buy beer to brown bag while on your way out

Dinner:
Top the night off with some local characters and a plate of alligator and crawfish cheesecake from Jacques-Imo's on Oak Street. The atmosphere is funky and relaxed from the chef himself to the creole music playing throughout.

I kid you not, the cheesecake is to die for

the party pours out onto the street

probably not the best idea before race day

I would love to be in a New Orleans food coma, but instead I'm just starving and counting down the days until our next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment